Sunday, April 26, 2015

Grateful for Sundays 03

This Sunday I am grateful for the ANZACs...


Between 2014 and 2018, New Zealand and Australia commemorate 100 years since our involvement with World War I. Jason's poppa is among the many who show up every year to remember those who have fought for their country.

Orewa ANZAC Service
Up until a couple of years ago, Anzac day didn't really mean much to me. Having no family members connected to the event, it was really just a long weekend for me.

White Crosses at Orewa RSA
Now it means attending the service along with Jason's grandparents and listening to some great stories afterwards.


What are you grateful for this Sunday?

1 comment:

  1. It really hits home if you have a personal connection. A lot of my friends have lost relatives and it's such a sombre day. We shall never forget them.

    ReplyDelete