Partly because I lack restraint around food, partly because I have a gym membership till July next year, and mostly because all of my friends are doing it. So I came up with a brilliant plan to get up early on Monday and go to the gym..
|I devour cupcakes|
..Which didn't really eventuate. So I tried again today and managed to drag my sleepy self out of bed at 5:30am at the sound of Jason's encouraging words -"Come on, babe, you've been talking about this for days. You need to try it at least once!"
|I also devour mint bubbly chocolate|
|..They are very yummy though|
|To get the red stripes|
Also, does anyone appreciate my attempt at food photography (refer to picture below)? Any tips for a wannabe hobby food photographer/stylist?
Peppermint Chocolate Cupcakes
1 3/4 cups plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
2 Tablespoon cocoa powder
3/4 cups caster sugar
half a block of Cadbury's Mint Bubbly for the mixture, roughly chopped
6 squares of Cadbury's Mint Bubbly for topping, roughly chopped
1 cup milk
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
2 Tablespoon margarine
2 cups icing sugar
1 teaspoon peppermint essence
1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Place all your dry ingredients and the first batch of chocolate into a bowl and combine
3. Pour the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix together
4. Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and spoon into a lined cupcake pan. Fill these about half way up
5. Divide the second batch of chocolate among the cupcakes and sprinkle on top.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes.
7. Place margarine and cream cheese in a bowl and combine thoroughly
8. Add icing sugar and continue mixing
9. Add peppermint essence and vanilla paste
10. Continue to mix until a nice piping consistency. You may need to add some more icing sugar
1. To get the red stripes, paint the sides of your piping bag/gun with some vertical stripes (with red food colouring) before filling it up with icing.
2. I also used some crushed candy canes as a cute topping