|The plant with one massive zucchini and several smaller ones|
|Peeling the zucchini|
Please don't be put off by the name of this salad. It may sound boring but I assure you, it is the perfect side for any BBQ you are sure to have in this stonking hot weather.
This is one of my favourites because it requires minimal preparation. The yoghurt brings a creaminess to the salad without being too heavy while the honey helps to accentuate the sweetness of the vegetables. The vegetables are also in season so it's pretty light on the pocket too!
Have you broken out the BBQ yet? What are some of your go to sides?
Zucchini, Asparagus and Bean Salad
A Lucyeats Original
2 medium sized zucchinis, ends cut off
1 bunch of asparagus (about 10-15 stalks)
1 large handful of green beans
1. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the zucchini into thin ribbons and arrange on a plate
2. Cut the woody ends off the asparagus and the stringy bits off the ends of the beans
3. Bring a pot of water to the boil and add the asparagus and beans for 3 minutes
4. Remove the vegetables and plunge into ice cold water to stop the cooking process
5. Drain the vegetables and place on top of the zucchini
6. Place dollops of Greek yoghurt atop the salad and drizzle with runny honey