Monday, December 22, 2014

Easy Chocolate Truffles

Leaving things until the last minute is not something I enjoy doing. In fact, it stresses me out. I like to plan out my tasks for the day, jot major events in my calendar, and have weekly to do lists to tick off. 


In the weeks leading up to Christmas, the organisation kicks up a notch. My Christmas shopping is done by the end of November, the tree is up by the fist week of December, and Christmas dinner is on a Gantt chart ready for the big day.

This year, however, I had no choice.


Weeks of night construction works (say, 10pm to 4am) had me dazed and confused and unable to function during the day. Luckily, that's over now, but there is never a good excuse not to bring something to a dinner party. 

This is where you need something is a guaranteed crowd pleaser and takes minimal effort to prepare -Tim Tam truffles.


With only two ingredients, it's impossible to forget the shopping list. If you have a food processor, crushing the biscuits takes no time at all. Note that I don't actually own one, so I used my mortar and pestle so it did take me a little longer..


The truffles are ready to eat as is or, to make them a little more special, you can roll them in cocoa or dip them in chocolate. They also make fantastic edible gifts.

So if you have left it to the last minute this year, there is still time to make these easy chocolate truffles! Get rolling!

Easy Chocolate Truffles
Recipe adapted from Arnotts




Truffle Ingredients:

2 packets of Tim Tam
250g tub of spreadable cream cheese

Coating Ingredients (optional):

Cocoa powder
Dark chocolate, melted
White chocolate, melted
Flake, crumbled

Method:
1. Crush Tim Tams in a food processor to make a crumb.
2. Fold in cream cheese to bind and chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Roll the mixture into truffle sized balls (I use a teaspoon) and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
4. Coat the truffles in whatever coating you would like or just eat them as they are.

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm - delicious Lucy - truffles are also a favourite and these are so easy they will be a favourite with cooks as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make these into cake or cookie pops! It's the best use of a Tim Tam really! :D

    ReplyDelete