Sunday, May 24, 2015

Grateful for Sundays 07

This Sunday I am grateful for...


Jason, Jess and James
James, Jason and I have been living in our current home for almost a year and we get along very well due to our similar personalities and temperaments. Jason's little sister, Jess, has recently moved in with us and fits perfectly into our unspoken routine. I often hear coworkers and friends complain about their flatmates and I have to say, I have been blessed on this front. I just sit quietly, listen and smile.


War Memorial Bridge
This bridge marks the end to a cycle route project I have been working on for almost two years. As well as being a bridge to shorten the distance between two parks, it also doubles as a spectacular piece of art. A very clever structural engineer from my office designed this, along with a lot of input from the local Iwi (Maori tribe). The red hoops and spirals are shaped to depict a traditional eel trap with metal eels being lured inside. It is certainly a lot nicer to look at than a normal raised bridge!



Whenever I am in the Mt Albert area, I cannot help but swing by La Voie Francaise for a little treat. This french bakery specializes in all things dainty and chic. The only place I have ever tasted better macarons is in Paris itself!

What are you grateful for this Sunday?

2 comments:

  1. That's very fortunate that you get on so well! I can't imagine how difficult it would be if you didn't. Happy Sunday Lucy :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you've got great flatmates, makes flatting so much nicer. In my flatting days I had some great flat mates and some not so great... Those macarons look amazing! They're such pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete