Sunday, April 12, 2015

Grateful for Sundays 01

I realised the other day that I hadn't been outside in a while. I mean, I had been outdoors -I had physically stepped outside to travel to work, shop for groceries and collect the mail, but I hadn't actually experienced outside. Between work and running errands, I was always in a rush and never stopped for a rest. Sunday seems to be the only day where the world stops for a little while and there is a moment of peace before the madness begins again.

This is why I am starting a new weekly segment on my blog called "Grateful For Sundays.

Grateful For Sundays captures moments throughout the week where I have taken the time to stop, take a deep breath, and appreciate the little moments that can get lost in all the hurry.


Takapuna Beach
My first picture is taken on Takapuna Beach. With daylight savings now officially over, dog owners can take their pets on to the beach at any time of the day instead of getting up at ungodly hours or waiting until after 7pm. I don't have a dog of my own, so I love watching them running along with their owners and swimming out into the ocean to fetch sticks.


I find that lighting candles and fresh flowers around the house can boost your mood instantly. I bought these candles from the Wellington Underground Market a few weeks ago and have placed them in the kitchen and bathrooms. They make our rooms smell wonderful - even when they're unlit! I picked up the flowers while I was grocery shopping and I love how they add a pop of colour to the house.



Quiet time is hard to come by in our house. The television is usually playing in the background or someone is playing music out of the stereo. This is mostly my fault because I like to do housework with background noise. 

Yesterday, Jason and the Doctor went out to watch the rugby and I was left alone with a few hours to spare before our dinner guests arrived. The house was completely silent and it was weird

Once the shock wore off, I got out my chamomile tea and started a mega-crossword. Without the background noise, I heard birds chirping outside. 

So these are the little moments from this week that brought joy. What are some things you are grateful for?

1 comment:

  1. Being still and quiet seems to be a lost art. I can't remember the last time that I was completely relaxed!

    ReplyDelete